Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hello Sole Sisters!

Welcome to my blog as I take a stab at sharing life lessons I have learned along the journey of motherhood,  marriage and the occasional marathon.  In all honesty, I must disclose that I am not a world class or even an average runner.  If you judge by my complete lack of speed, you could barely classify me as a runner at all.  The term "jogger" would technically describe my 11:00 minute (sometimes 12:00 minute) per mile pace better.  I have gotten much slower with age and laziness.  Of course my slight 20 pound weight gain over the last few years might have some impact on my performance as well.  However after completing nine full marathons and who knows how many half marathons, calling me a jogger would feel like an insult.  If I am able to stay on my feet and remain in forward motion for over five hours straight, then I want to be called a runner, damn it!  Okay, I will stop the whining.

I never claim to have all the answers to anything on any level.  Most of what I have learned in my short time on this planet is rooted in common sense.  Although common sense should rule our actions and reactions, most of us need a reminder from time to time.  My method is to go for a quick run to clear my mind when I need time to figure out the difference.  I promise to keep things clean and as close to PG-13 as possible on this platform.  Sarcasm and dry humor go hand in hand in my world, so expect a healthy dose of both when you visit this blog.  Most days I am in need of good laugh as well, so hit me up with some witty one liners when the spirit moves you.  Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment